Wednesday 23 December 2020

 


A couple years ago I was visiting The UHB line  with some other modellers. I came across one of the open containers, "Åpen løftekasse", on a standard gauge wagon at Sørumsand. So I measured it up, took photos and back home I made a 3D drawing of it . This I sent to Shapeways and it came back as a very good model ready for paint. About the model I can say this: All dimensions are correct to scale except:

The two curved beams on top to hold a tarpaulin I originally made correct as L profile. This came out to fragile, so I altered it to a square shape with same dimension. The top beam around is a U shaped steel profile. I made this an U profile also but changed it to rectangular to make it more robust. The distance between the supports for the floor is a guess, I suspect there are a few to many. Originaly there have been doors, I have not included those since I found no pictures showing doors. The brackets for the door I have modelled as square boxes. They are L shaped on the real "kasse". Ears for lifting in the crane is omitted. If you look with mgnifying glasses ,you will find indentions where you can drill holes and use thin wires for a loop, two on each side. 

Color. I have used spray cans from Biltema. One is called Red oxide, the other is a bit more brownish. Se picture. 


 

I have used both. I think the red oxide is very close to the original at Sørumsand. All the steel are greyish black. The interior light warm grey planks.. Al the steel reinforcements ar raised 0.3mm so is not too difficult to paint With a fine brush.

 

Bilder av løftekasser 

Mine bilder fra Sørumsand:













No comments:

Post a Comment